An Easy Guide to Your Garden Shed
October 19, 2019 Shed Tips
Owning a garden shed can seem like a big job. But I’m here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be. In fact, being a shed owner can be very easy and rewarding. If you already own a garden shed or are thinking of purchasing one, this garden shed guide is perfect for you.
Choosing a Shed
Choosing the Right Shed Size
Choosing the right size shed can be one of the most difficult decisions in the shed buying process. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a shed size:
- What you will be storing
- If you plan to store tools or other small items, an 8×8 Mini Barn may work just fine. However, if you are planning on storing a boat or a zero turn mower, you’ll need something much bigger.
- Space in your yard or garden
- Most likely this will not be an issue but if you have a specific place you want to put your shed, you’ll need to consider if there is plenty of space.
- Give yourself room to grow
- You most likely have ideas for what you want to currently use your shed. But who knows? Maybe further down the road you’ll decide that you want to do more. It might be a good idea to give yourself a little more space then you need in anticipation of this.
Choosing the Right Siding
There are several different shed siding options available but the most popular are wood and metal. Neither of them is necessarily any better than the other. Here’s some of the advantages of metal and wood siding.
- More easily customized
- Generally more attractive
- Fire resistant
- More durable
Ok, so now you have a garden shed. But what are you going to do with it? There’s a lot of options and quite honestly, it can be overwhelming. To help fight some of that stress, here’s a few ideas for what you could do with your garden shed.
This may seem like an obvious option but sheds are actually really good at storing things. Whether you have tools, furniture, or old shoes, a garden shed can hold it all.
Garden sheds can also make great workshops. By just adding a workbench or table and some hooks for your tools, you can have a fully outfitted workshop.
If you’re looking for a nice place to just get away, consider using your garden shed as a she shed. There’s no specification for how exactly to turn make a she shed. Just let your creativity run free and make a beautiful space.
Maybe you’re not as interested in constantly updating your sheds look. In that case, picking a theme and then sticking with it can be a good option. Here’s a few theme ideas:
- She Shed
- Man Cave
Hopefully you found this garden shed guide helpful! If you’re feeling inspired to buy a garden shed, take a look at our custom and in-stock sheds.